Sunday, 27 October 2013

sweet jane

Happy Sunday everyone! I'd like to introduce you to my newest knitted friend, the lovely Jane.


Jamie and I briefly braved the mighty wind outside to snap these pics this morning. The photos are minimal, I'm afraid, as I'm full of cold (bleurgh) and am also feeling hyper-critical today ;)

The pattern is Jane by Jane Richmond, and it's a really lovely one - just perfect for a not-quite-beginner-but-still-nervous knitter like me. That being said, I think it would still keep an experienced knitter entertained; the eyelet ribbing is definitely interesting enough to knit without driving someone to tears of boredom.


The yarn is Debbie Bliss cashmerino aran in 'Mallard' (aww), and I used less than 100g. I learned a bunch of new skills making this - long tail cast-on, knitting with dpns, switching from circular needles to dpns... YouTube was my saviour on more than one occasion!


I feel like Jane has really helped build up my knitting confidence, so would love to attempt something bigger - maybe a cardigan or a jumper... but there's so much out there! Can anyone out there recommend a pattern? Something not too complex but still interesting would be great. I'd be ever so grateful!


Anyway, for now I just need the temperatures to drop a little so that I can wear this baby out - all I'd get at the moment is a sweaty head. Bring on winter!


Elena x

11 comments:

  1. That's a lovely hat! I really like the pattern on it. I also want to try and progress my knitting past hats and scarves. I think my first foray into jumpers will be the miette cardigan, lots of people say it's a nice easy one to start with, and the pattern is free, so bonus :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kelly! I'd definitely recommend the pattern. Ooh yes, I've heard such good things about Miette, so I might join you there! ;) x

      Delete
  2. It looks gorgeous on you and I bet the cashmerino is heavenly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jane! It's all down to the pattern ;) And yep, the yarn is luscious!

      Delete
  3. Argh, gorgeous! I'm definitely going to make one now. You did such a great job - it's really neat. What a knitting epiphany. :-) I totally can't comprehend how that used less than 100g. Genius. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks darling! Well, my yarn leftovers are all yours xx

      Delete
  4. So cute!! I just got your message on my blog & would love to meet up when I'm in London :)

    I'm currently trying to organise a Goldhawk road meet up for my last day there, Friday 15th November :) I'll be putting a post up on my blog with all the details once they are sorted! I know it's a school day but would love for you to come if you can!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jen, that would be great! I may not be able to come along during the day on the 15th because of work, but I'd definitely be keen on joining in the evening if you're still out then. x

      Delete
  5. Everyone and their mother seems to be making the Miette cardigan - including some who are fairly new to knitting so it can't be too hard? There's a whole knitalong type thing on Today's Agenda :)

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...