I seem to be all about the Simplicity patterns at the moment! I'm currently working on my first Simplicity 2444, I recently made a Simplicity 2177, and most recently I've made two skirts using Simplicity 2451 - I liked the pattern that much!
The first was made using a lovely blue corduroy I bought on a recent visit to Birmingham rag market. I made a size 12, assuming the pattern would include a ton of ease as a lot of the Big 4 do, but that was a little foolish as the finished product was just a bit too snug around my hips. Not to worry! On my first go round I'd only used 80cm of the 1.5m I'd bought of this fabric (the pattern uses that little!), so had plenty left to recut the front and back pieces with some extra width at the sides. And the fit is now perfect!
To reduce bulk I used some quilting cotton scraps for the waistband facings and pockets - I love the gorgeous French toile at the waistband but used the last of it on the pockets of my first go at the skirt, so when I remade it the polka dots seemed like a good substitution.
My second version of the skirt is made from a beautifully soft sparkly wool from my local fabric shop Masons - very work-friendly! I used a mint green silk satin for the pockets, which is heaven to dip my hands into!
I have to say a huge thank you to my fabulous photographer, Caroline. To have pictures taken by someone who really knows what they're doing with a camera was such a treat! It's going to be tough to go back to using photos taken with my average little compact Canon now...